Do I Need Tenant Insurance?

Tenant Insurance is recommended...

  • If you would replace (repurchase) all or a portion of the items you are storing if they were destroyed.
  • If your homeowner’s/renter’s insurance deductible is more than $100.
  • If you are between homes and do not have insurance.
  • If you want coverage through a company that specializes in self-storage insurance.


What Is Tenant Insurance?

Tenant insurance is coverage you can purchase specifically for the belongings stored at a self-storage facility. Tenant insurance has a lower deductible than most homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy, it typically covers more, and if you experience a loss, it doesn’t increase your yearly premium or drop your coverage.

What Does The Insurance Cover?

Safestor provides coverage for losses to property kept in a self-storage unit due to vermin, lightning, wind, hail, fire, smoke, earthquake, building collapse, hurricane, explosion, vandalism, burglary, and leaking water (some exclusions apply).



How Do I Sign Up?

You can sign up by contacting the self-storage facility directly. They will be able to add Safestor Tenant Insurance coverage to your account at any time or Premier Customer Club Members "Click Here" to enroll.

How Do I File A Claim?

If you have a loss, the facility will refer you directly to our in-house claims department. You can file a claim by phone at (877) 528-5674 or online on any computer, tablet, or smartphone at